LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 17, 2024, 8:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 Post subject: Re: CS3's projects
PostPosted: August 21, 2018, 11:13 am 

[/quote]

..... I either buy somewhere or find a garage to rent, and looking at property values here in Vancouver, buying isn't an option.[/quote]

My dream of returning to Vancouver died long ago for that very reason.. I missed that boat.. Your dollar goes FAR on the east coast if you career is mobile.. :cheers:

PostPosted: August 21, 2018, 11:11 pm 

Hi Rod

Maybe I missed something somewhere along the line but what's this "out of province inspection" with the Europa?

Ron

PostPosted: August 22, 2018, 10:00 am 

Hi Ron,
The Europa was last titled in Ontario, but has spent the last 20 years at least in BC. Unfortunately, it was never registered here, so it requires an out of province in order to license it for the road. ICBC did change some rules a year ago in regards to restoration projects from out of province. You can now register the car in your name so that you are the owner and can put storage insurance on it, but it still requires an inspection to deem it road worthy.

So, I'm now looking for a Lotus friendly inspection facility close to where the car is currently.

Rod

PostPosted: April 22, 2020, 7:19 pm 

I'm finally getting around to my scratch-built eleven project, have most of the important pieces including CC engine, Eleven rear axle, Westfield body, and frame drawings. I'm thinking about adding an Alfa 5-speed, although I have the correct transmission, and possibly going with the Alfa front suspension, since I have a complete one of those as well. I'm curious about your frame. I have a full set of factory drawings for the S2, but they don't match what I can see of yours. Did you use a factory drawing, perhaps an earlier version? Would like to see your full build log photo gallery if you have one, I can't see many of the posted pics. Thanks for all you have put up here, it will be a load of help and inspiration.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16