LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently May 14, 2024, 3:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: November 24, 2015, 10:06 pm 

dustless blasting is the future anyways.. I thought about buying one just for the shear usability - and friends - that constantly need things blasted.

Driven5 wrote:
Forced Induction + Magic Spinning Doritos = EMod

PostPosted: November 24, 2015, 11:48 pm 

Quote:
No, I'm not jesting. There are at least 4 like that right here in my neighborhood and the powdercoater that did my rims had one with the shop vac to power it too
OK. I'm ready to be schooled. Please point me to some online references. I have seen many alternatives to sandblasting, (plastic media blasting, baking soda blasting, water blasting to name just a few) but not seen one powered by a regular shop vac yet. I'm interested. A quick google didn't find it for me.

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: November 25, 2015, 9:52 am 

I was fortunate enough to get a large blasting cabinet that my work was getting rid of through an auction for $75, full of media too. It came with its own vacuum system so I don't have to worry about hooking up the shop vac. I put it on casters which brought it up to my height and allows me to move it around the shop. My 3 hp 240v IR compressor with 60 gallon tank runs most of the time if I am constantly blasting but I never run out of air. I have another 30 gallon tank that I plan to mount under the cabinet to give my compressor a break if I ever have to do any large blasting projects. Biggest problem I have right now with it, is the nozzle keeps clogging slowing me down, but it will tear through rust and paint like nothing else.

Attachment:
Steering Column 04.jpg

It is approximately 40 x 40 flip top lid and has a 12 x 12 side access door on the right side.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chris
Build: NA Miata based +221 Se7en

PostPosted: November 25, 2015, 6:15 pm 

ngpmike wrote:
2500 POUNDS ?!?!?! :shock:

Look at it this way, the top plate alone is worth like 3 times what I paid for the table. They had another one in the same auction that had a 2" thick plate that weighed over 5000 pounds.