LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Corvette kart project
PostPosted: February 24, 2020, 11:48 pm 

A situation has arisen and I’m liquidating a few of my projects. We are selling the building where my shop is located and I have to find a spot to relocate. My choices are rent the current space from the new owners as long as they don’t have plans for it, build a garage at our house(she is not interested in this option) or buy another building and relocate. None of these will happen quickly, so I fear I will end up putting most of my “stuff” into storage somewhere.

This isn't easy to do, actually getting to the point of advertising it and I'm not really sure what to ask for it. I'm going to put a price together along with my reason for arriving at that number. You guys will tell me if I'm even in the ballpark and hopefully someone will have an interest.

Here is a link to the build to this point. viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19514

Im going to ask $4500 for the rolling chassis(chassis, suspension, QA-1 coil-overs, fuel cell, exhaust, headers, ZF 6-speed, driveshaft, PPF, interior aluminum, 3.90 rear/diff and spare wheel sets). I'm going to keep the seat, pedals, gauges and big brake kit. If someone were interested in those parts, we can talk.

The way I figured it was that I bought the straight bare chassis for $500 and the crashed donor car for $2500. I used the ZF transmission, rear carrier, differential, headers, suspension pieces, subframe, wheels and brakes from the donor. The wheels were $600, QA-1's $1100, fuel cell $200, roll cage tubing $500, interior tubing $200, interior aluminum $100, oil cooler $50.

After the demo of the '93 Anniversary chassis, I probably have 2-3 weeks of fabrication in the roll cage, interior aluminum, coil-over fitment, exhaust and bumpers.

It was fun to get it to the point where it is right now and it needs the following items to finish:

- small block Chevy engine(mild to wild it's your choice)

- plumbing, wiring, gauges

- steering column built(I have a rack but the steering shaft and supports will need to be done after the engine and seat are installed).

- radiator and mounts(depends on where you want to place it, front or rear).

- seat of your choice, seatbelts, pedals.

$4500

LETS TALK!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.